Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Schwinn Super Sport Cycle Cross Concept



Yesterday I finished up all the custom dropouts for the Schwinn Super Sport frame, other then a grinding wheel exploding and cutting my leg, I got a lot done. I made like 10 different dropouts before I found the one that I went with.

Rock Shox Disc brakes front and rear. The rear I decided to put on one of the new Avid 3G Sweep rotor they sent to me for concept projects, I just need to lace the disc brake wheel for the rear now. I shortened the forks an inch and the rear end of the frame 1.5 inches, it should ride like my Volume Cutter its about a 1/4 inch off the overall bike specs. If only Schwinn built them like that from the beginning.

The goal of this Schwinn is to build a concept 1960's fillet brazed cycle cross bike or a kind of urban speedy delivery bike. Plus it lets me test out my frame table before the big project hits the floor in a week.


Here are some pictures of the Hand Pedal bike I worked on last week. Everything fit, my custom Stem/Bottom Bracket worked perfect plus the shifter bolted up great. It was at Orange 20 bikes in Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment